The first annual Food Allergy and Celiac Convention: celebrating awareness in the most magical place on earth… Walt Disney World!
You see, it is not called the most magical place on earth for no reason: Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida is home to the best food allergy awareness across the globe.
Together, we will highlight awareness surrounding food allergies and celiac disease. Our celebration for all things gluten-free and food allergy is not just an expo. In addition to vendors and samples, we are featuring speakers, demos, a welcome breakfast, a pre-weekend Downtown Disney “crawl”, a (nondairy) ice cream buffet, kids corner, prizes, raffles, and more. And this doesn’t even include the pre-event stuff!
We hope you’re planning on joining us! Mark your calendars for November 22nd, 2014, and visit our website for more details.
The Food Allergy and Celiac Convention is hosted by two individuals with extensive knowledge about celiac disease, gluten-free awareness, and food allergies: Laurie Sadowski (lauriesadowski.com) and Sarah Norris (glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com). Alongside their Title Sponsor Enjoy Life Foods, Disney event planners and Culinary Team, Media Sponsor Allergic Living Magazine, and a host of volunteers, the convention will celebrate awareness for issues surrounding health and lifestyle, and, of course, food, at the most magical place on earth!
The Food Allergy & Celiac Convention is not affiliated or hosted by the Walt Disney Company, or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
HOSTED AT WALT DISNEY WORLD’S CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT ON NOVEMBER 22ND, 2014
An event for those with food allergies and celiac disease, we’re set to highlight and celebrate awareness while providing samples, demos, workshops, information, and more!
Even better, it’s hosted at the most magical place (and food allergy friendly!) place on earth!
- A large expo, featuring vendors from across the globe for interaction, sampling, and sales
- Extra Magic events, including a (nondairy) ice cream buffet with gluten-free, allergy-friendly toppings
- Food created especially for the event by Disney’s Catered events (menus and tickets available soon)
- Demos and speaker sessions from members of the Disney culinary team and established professionals from the industry, including keynote speaker session by Disney’s Culinary Dietary Specialist, Gary Jones
- A youth-driven breakout session for teens and college-aged attendees
- A Kids Corner, hosted by Schar, leaders in the food allergy industry
- A 15 Minutes of Fame Stage where vendors get the opportunity to highlight their product or brand to attendees from a stage area
- Pre- and post-convention fun, including meals, discounts, and group activities (final schedule to be posted soon)